At stake in this Referendum:
- Referendum on whether to restore basic rights to ethnic minorities erased from the citizen registry in 1992.
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Janez DRNOVSEK
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Anton ROP
- Assembly: Slovenia has a unicameral National Assembly with 90 seats.
Main provisions in the Referendum:
- Whether ethnic minorities whose residential status (and attendant rights) were erased in 1992 should have their rights restored.
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 1,935,677 (July 2003 est.)
- Registered Voters: 1,626,913 ( 2004 )