At stake in this election:
- 76 seats in the Ulsyn Ikh Khural (State Great Hural)
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Khaltmaagiin Battulga (since 10 July 2017)
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Ukhnaagiin Khürelsükh (since 4 October 2017)
- Assembly: Mongolia has a unicameral Ulsyn Ikh Khural (State Great Hural) composed of 76 seats with members serving 4-year terms.
Description of electoral system:
- In the State Great Hural, 48 members are directly elected in multi-seat constituencies by simple majority vote and 28 are directly elected in multi-seat constituencies by proportional representation vote.