At stake in this Referendum:
- Approval of plan to grant greater political autonomy to the regions in Bolivia
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Juan Evo MORALES Ayma *
- Head of Government: President Juan Evo MORALES Ayma
- Assembly: Bolivia has a bicameral National Congress (Congreso Nacional) consisting of the Chamber of Senators (Camara de Senadores) with 27 seats and the Chamber of Deputies (Camara de Diputados) with 130 seats.
* The president is both the chief of state and head of government.
Main provisions in the Referendum:
- Approval of plan to grant greater political autonomy to the regions in Bolivia This referendum asks voters: