At stake in this election:
- 130 seats in the Congreso de la Republica del Peru (Congress of the Republic of Peru)
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Martín VIZCARRA (since 23 March 2018)
- Head of Government: President Ollanta HUMALA Tasso (since 23 March 2018)
- Assembly: Peru has a unicameral Congreso de la Republica del Peru (Congress of the Republic of Peru) composed of 130 seats with members serving 5-year terms.
Description of electoral system:
- Members of Congress are directly elected in multi-seat constituencies by proportional representative vote.
- To enter Congress, parties must either cross the 5% electoral threshold at the national level, or win at least seven seats in one constituency.