At Stake in this Election:
- 120 seats in the Assembly of Kosovo
- Chief of State: President Hashim Thaçi (since 7 April 2016)
- Head of Government: Prime Minister, Ramush Haradinaj, resigned on July 19, 2019 after being summoned for questioning by the Specialist Prosecutor's Office in The Hague. He remains as Acting Prime Minister until the October 6, 2019 elections
- Assembly: Unicameral Assembly (Kuvendi i Kosoves/Skupstina Kosova) with 120 seats.
- The President is elected by parliament to a 5-year term.
- 100 members of the Kosovar Assembly (Kuvendi i Kosoves/Skupstina Kosova) are directly elected through a proportional representation vote with 20 seats reserved for ethnic minorities:
- 10 seats set aside for the representatives of the Serb community
- 4 seats for the Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities (RAE)
- 3 seats for the Bosniak community
- 2 seats for the Turkish community
- 1 seat for the Goran community
- All members serve 4-year terms.
- In August 2019, Lawmakers in Kosovo voted to disband parliament to enable President Hashim Thaci to call early general elections following the resignation of Prime Minister Ramush Haradinaj. President Thaci was required to call the election within 45 days.
Main Parties in this Election:
On September 7th, the Election Commission published the official list of the 25 participating parties and coalitions. The official ballot can be found here.
- Party: Democratic Party of Kosovo / Partia Demokratike e Kosovës (PDK)
- Leader: Kadri VESELI
- Seats won in last election: 39
- Movement for Unification candidates run inside PDK list.
- Party: Vetëvendosje (VV)!
- Leader: Albin KURTI
- Seats won in last election: 32
- Alternativa candidates will run inside VV list.
- Party: Democratic League of Kosovo Lidhja Demokratike e Kosovës (LDK)
- Leader: Isa MUSTAFA
- Seats won in last election: 27
- Albanian Christian Democratic Party of Kosovo (PSHDK) candidates will run inside the LDK list
- Coalition: Alliance for the Future of Kosovo (AAK) and Social Democratic Party of Kosovo (PSD)
- Leader: Ramush HARADINAJ
- Seats won in last election: 24
- Coalition: NISMA - AKR Coalition
- Party: Serbian List / Српска листа
- Leader: Goran RAKIĆ
- Seats won in last election: 9
Population and Registered Voters:
- Female Population: 924,681
- Is Kosovo a signatory to CEDAW:
- Has Kosovo ratified CEDAW: No
- Gender Quota: No
- Female Candidates in this election: N/A
- Number of Female Legislators: 38
- Human Development Index (HDI) Position: N/A
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
- Is Kosovo a signatory to CRPD: No
- Has Kosovo ratified CRPD: No
- Population with a disability: 280,647
 12 seats were each won by the AAK party and PSD party.
 In the last election, NISMA won 8 seats, AKR won 1 seat, and PD won 0 seats.