At stake in this election:
- The office of President of Togo
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Faure GNASSINGBE
- Head of Government: Komi Sélom KLASSOU
- Assembly: Togo has a unicameral National Assembly (Assemblée Nationale) with 91 seats.
Description of electoral system:
- The President is elected by plurality vote to serve a 5-year term.
- In the National Assembly (Assemblée Nationale) 91 members are elected through a closed-list proportional representation system to serve 5-year terms.*
* There are 35 multi-member constituencies. There is no threshold.