At Stake in this Election:
- The office of President of Guinea
- Chief of State: President Alpha CONDE (since December 2010)
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Ibrahima Kassory FOFANA (since 21 May 2018)
- Assembly: Guinea has a unicameral National Assembly (Assemblée Nationale) with 114 seats.
- The President is elected by absolute majority vote through a two-round system to serve a 5-year term.
- The Prime Minister is appointed by the President.
- In the National Assembly (Assemblée Nationale), 38 members are elected by plurality vote in single-member constituencies to serve 5-year terms and 76 members are elected through a closed-list proportional representation system to serve 5-year terms.*
* In the proportional tier, there is one nationwide district. The National Assembly (Assemblée Nationale) was dissolved in December 2008 following a military coup. Since February 2010, the role of the legislature has been filled by the appointed 155-member National Transition Council.
Main Candidates in this Election:
- Candidate: Alpha CONDÉ
- Party: Rally of the Guinean People (RPG)
- Candidate: Cellou DALEIN DIALLO
- Party: Union of Democratic Forces of Guinea (UFDG)
*There are a total of 12 candidates in this election.
Population and Registered Voters:
- Female Population: 1,459,274 (June 2020 est.)
- Is Guinea a signatory to CEDAW: Yes (17 July 1980)
- Has Guinea ratified CEDAW: Yes (9 August 1982)
- Gender Quota: No
- Female Candidates in this election: N/A
- Number of Female Legislators: 19 (as of 2020)
- Human Development Index (HDI) Position: 174
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: Very High
- Is Guinea a signatory to CRPD: Yes (16 May 2007)
- Has Guinea ratified CRPD: Yes (8 February 2008)
- Population with a disability: 665,759