At Stake in this Referendum:
- The replacement of the constitution with a new version passed in the National Assembly in 2018
- Chief of State: President of the Council of State and President of the Council of Ministers Miguel Díaz-Canel
- Head of Government: President of the Council of State and President of the Council of Ministers Miguel Díaz-Canel
- Assembly: Cuba has a Unicameral National Assembly of People's Power (Asamblea Nacional del Poder Popular) with 614 seats.
- The referendum requires a simple majority to pass.
About this Referendum:
- Voters will decide whether to approve a new constitution passed in the National Assembly. The draft text contains many changes from the current constitution, including presidential term limits and a change in the definition of marriage.
Provisions in this Referendum:
- Do you approve the new Constitution of the Republic?
Population and Registered Voters:
- Population: 11,492,046 (2019 est.)
- Registered Voters: 8,639,989 (2018)
- Female Population: 5,745,180 (2019 est.)
- Is Cuba a signatory to CEDAW: Yes (6 March 1980)
- Has Cuba ratified CEDAW: Yes (17 July 1980)
- Gender Quota: No
- Female candidates in this election: N/A
- Number of Female Parliamentarians: 322 (53.2%)
- Human Development Index Position: 73 (2018)
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A (2019)
- Is Cuba a signatory to CRPD: Yes (26 April 2007)
- Has Cuba ratified CRPD: Yes (6 September 2007)
- Population with a disability: 1,654,715 (est.)