At stake in this referendum:
- Voters will vote on a referendum regarding whether or not Greece should accept the terms of a bailout proposed by several international creditors.
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Prokopis PAVLOPOULOS
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Alexis TSIPRAS
- Assembly: Greece has a unicameral Parliament (Vouli ton Ellinon) with 300 seats.
Main provisions in the referendum:
- “Should the plan of agreement be accepted, which was submitted by the European Commission, the European Central Bank, and the International Monetary Fund in the Eurogroup of 25.06.2015 and comprises two parts, which constitute their unified proposal? The first document is entitled ‘Reforms for the Completion of the Current Program and Beyond’ and the second ‘Preliminary Debt Sustainability Analysis.’”
- No: 3,558,450 (61.31%)
- Yes: 2,245,537 (38.69%)
- Referendums are not legally binding in Greece.
Population and number of registered voters:
- Female Population: 5,509,973
- Is GREECE a signatory to CEDAW: Yes (2 March 1982)
- Has GREECE ratified CEDAW: Yes (7 June 1983)
- Gender Quota: Yes
- Female Candidates in this election: N/A
- Number of Female Legislators: 69 (23%) of 300 seats in the Hellenic Parliament (Vouli Ton Ellinon)
- Human Development Index (HDI) Position: 29
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
- Is GREECE a signatory to CRPD: Yes (30 March 2007)
- Has GREECE ratified CRPD: Yes (31 May 2012)
- Population with a disability: 1,616,334