At stake in this election:
- 15 seats in the House of Assembly
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: Queen ELIZABETH II *
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Ralph E. GONSALVES
- Assembly: Saint Vincent and the Grenadines has a unicameral House of Assembly with 21 seats.
* Represented by Governor General Sir Fredrick Nathaniel BALLANTYNE since 2001.
Description of electoral system:
- The Queen is N/A N/A.
- In the House of Assembly, 15 members are elected by popular vote to serve 5-year terms and 6 members are appointed.
Main parties in the electoral race:
- Coalition: Unity Labor Party (ULP)*
- Leader: Ralph GONSALVES
- Seats won in this election: 12
- Seats won in last election: 12
- Party: New Democratic Party (NDP)
- Leader: Arnhim EUSTACE
- Seats won in this election: 3
- Seats won in last election: 3
- Party: Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Green Party
- Leader: Ivan O'NEAL
- Seats won in this election: 0
- Seats won in last election: 0
* ULP is a coalition of the Saint Vincent Labor Party (SVLP) and the Movement for National Unity (MNU).
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 108,749 (2005)
- Registered Voters: 91,045 (2005)
· Female Population: 53,833 (2005)
· Is Saint Vincent and the Grenadines a signatory to CEDAW: No
· Has Saint Vincent and the Grenadines ratified CEDAW: Yes, accession (4 August 1981)
· Gender Quota: No
· Female candidates in this election: Yes
· Number of Female Parliamentarians: 4 (following the 2005 elections)
· Human Development Index Position: 97 (2014)
· Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
· Is Saint Vincent and the Grenadines a signatory to CRPD: No
· Has Saint Vincent and the Grenadines ratified CRPD: Yes, accession (29 October 2010)
· Population with a disability: 16,312 (est.)