At stake in this election:
- 15 seats in the House of Assembly
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: Queen ELIZABETH II *
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Arnhim EUSTACE
- Assembly: Saint Vincent and the Grenadines has a unicameral House of Assembly with 21 seats.
* Represented by Governor General Charles ANTROBUS.
Description of electoral system:
- The Queen is a hereditary monarch.
- In the House of Assembly, 15 members are elected by simple majority vote in single-member constituencies and 6 members are appointed .
Main parties in the electoral race:
- Party: Unity Labour Party (ULP)
- Leader: Ralph GONSALVES
- Seats won in this election: 12
- Seats won in last election: 7
- Party: New Democratic Party (NDP)
- Leader: Arnhim EUSTACE
- Seats won in this election: 3
- Seats won in last election: 8
- Party: People's Progressive Movement (PPM)
- Leader: Ken BOYEA
- Seats won in this election: 0
- Seats won in last election: 0
Last Parliamentary election:
- Parliamentary elections were last held on June 15, 1998.
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 107,989 (2001)
- Registered Voters: 84,536 (2001)
· Female Population: 53,566 (2001)
· Is Saint Vincent and the Grenadines a signatory to CEDAW: No
· Has Saint Vincent and the Grenadines ratified CEDAW: Yes, accession (4 August 1981)
· Gender Quota: No
· Female candidates in this election: Yes
· Number of Female Parliamentarians: 5 (following the 2001 elections)
· Human Development Index Position: 97 (2014)
· Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
· Is Saint Vincent and the Grenadines a signatory to CRPD: No
· Has Saint Vincent and the Grenadines ratified CRPD: Yes, accession (29 October 2010)
· Population with a disability: 16,198 (est.)