At Stake in this Election:
- 17 seats in the Parliament.
- Head of State: Queen ELIZABETH II (since 6 February 1952); represented by Governor Lt. Gen. Edward DAVIS (since 19 January 2016)
- Head of Government: Chief Minister, Fabian PICARDO (since 9 December 2011)
- Assembly: Gibraltar has a unicameral Parliament composed of 18 seats with members serving 4-year terms.
- In the Parliament, 17 members are directly elected in a single nationwide constituency by majority vote, and 1 is appointed by Parliament as speaker. Members serve 4-year terms.
Main Parties in this Election:
- Party: Together Gibraltar
- Leader: Marlene Hassan Nahon
- Seats won in last election: N/A
- Party: Gibraltar Social Democrats (GSD)
- Leader: Keith Azopardi
- Seats won in last election: 7
- Alliance: Gibraltar Socialist Labor Party-Liberals (GSLP)
- Leader: Fabian Picardo
- Seats won in last election: 10*
* In the previous election, Gibraltar Socialist Labor Party (GSLP) won 7 seats, and the Gibraltar Liberal party (GLP) won 3 seats.
Population and Registered Voters:
- Female Population: 14,674 (2018 est.)
- Is GIBRALTAR a signatory to CEDAW: N/A
- Has GIBRALTAR ratified CEDAW: N/A
- Gender Quota: No
- Female Candidates in this election: Yes
- Number of Female Legislators: 2
- Human Development Index (HDI) Position: N/A
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
- Is GIBRALTAR a signatory to CRPD: N/A
- Has GIBRALTAR ratified CRPD: N/A
- Population with a disability: 4,389 (2019 est.)