At Stake in this Election:
- 20 seats of the Federal National Council (Majlis al-Ittihad al-Watani).
- Chief of State: President Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan (since November 2004)
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (since January 2006)
- Assembly: The United Arab Emirates has a uncimaral Majlis al-Ittihad al-Watani (Federal National Council) consisting of 40 seats.
- In the Federal National Council, 20 members are appointed by the rulers of the 7 constituent states and 20 are indirectly elected by an electoral college whose members are selected by each emirate ruler proportional to its Federal National Council membership. Members serve 4-year terms.
- The composition of the Council is distributed as follows:
- 8 seats for the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- 8 seats for the Emirate of Dubai.
- 6 seats for the Emirate of Sharjah.
- 6 seats for the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.
- 4 seats for the Emirate of Ajman.
- 4 seats for the Emirate and Fujairah.
- 4 seats for the Emirate of Umm Al Quwain.
Main Candidates in this Election:
- The United Arab Emirates does not have political parties. All candidates for the Federal National Council run as independents.
Winners per State:
- Emirate of Abu Dhabi
- Suhail Nukhairah Suhail Al Affari
- Khalfan Rashid Al Nayli Al Shamsi
- Naema Abdul Rahman Mohammed Al Mansouri
- Moaza Mohammed Musallam Al Amri
- Emirate of Dubai
- Hamad Ahmad Sultan Al Rahoumi
- Osama Ahmad Abdullah Al Shafar
- Mariam Majed Khalfan bin Thania
- Sarah Mohammed Amin Filknaz
- Emirate of Sharjah
- Humaid Ali Al Abbar Al Shamsi
- Adnan Hamad Mohammed Al Hammadi
- Obaid Khalfan Obaid Al Ghoul
- Emirate of Ajman
- Ahmad Hamad Abu Shihab Al Suwaidi
- Hind Humaid bin Hindi Al Olayli
- Emirate of Umm Al Quwain
- Mohammed Issa Obaid Al Kashef
- Athra Hassan Humaid bin Rakkad
- Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
- Yousef Abdullah Batran Al Shihhi
- Saeed Rashid Abdullah Al Abdi
- Ahmad Abdullah Mohammed Al Shihhi
- Emirate of Fujairah
- Mohammed Ahmad Mohammed Al Yamahi
- Sabreen Hasan Saeed Al Yamahi
Population and Registered Voters:
- Female Population: 3,004,000
- Is United Arab Emirates a signatory to CEDAW: N/A
- Has United Arab Emirates ratified CEDAW: Yes, accession (6 October 2004)
- Gender Quota: No
- Female Candidates in this election: Yes
- Number of Female Legislators: 9 (22.5%)
- Human Development Index (HDI) Position: 34
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
- Is United Arab Emirates a signatory to CRPD: Yes (8 February 2008)
- Has United Arab Emirates ratified CRPD: Yes (19 March 2010)
- Population with a disability: 866,964