NOTE: Final results can be found here.
At stake in this election:
- 135 seats in the National Assembly (Assemblée Nationale)
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Denis SASSOU-NGUESSO *
- Head of Government: President Denis SASSOU-NGUESSO
- Assembly: Congo (Brazzaville) has a bicameral Parliament () consisting of the Senate (Sénat) with 66 seats and the National Assembly (Assemblée Nationale) with 137 seats.
* The president is both the chief of state and head of government.
The President is elected by absolute majority vote to serve a 7-year term, renewable once.
Description of electoral system:
- The President is elected by absolute majority vote to serve a 7-year term.
- In the Senate (Sénat) 66 members are indirectly elected by regional governing councils to serve 6-year terms*. In the National Assembly (Assemblée Nationale) 137 members are elected by plurality vote in single-member constituencies to serve 5-year terms.
* 66 members are elected by indirect vote by district, local, and regional councils to serve 6-year terms. One-half of the Senate is renewed every 3 years.
Main parties in the First Round of the electoral race:
- Party: Congolese Workers Party (PCT) / Parti congolais du travail
- Leader: Denis SASSOU-NGUESSO
- Seats won in last National Assembly election: 53
- Party: Congolese Movement for Democracy and Integral Development (MCDDI) /Mouvement congolais pour la dÈmocratie et le dÈveloppement intÈgral
- Leader: Bernard KOLELAS
- Seats won in last National Assembly election: 11
- Party: Union for Democracy and Republic (UDR-Mwinda) / Union pour la democratie et la Republique-Mwinda
- Leader: N/A
- Seats won in last National Assembly election: 6
- Party: Pan-African Union for Social Democracy (UPADS) / Union panafricaine pour la democratie sociale
- Leader: N/A
- Seats won in last National Assembly election: 8
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 4,286,188 (2012)
- Registered Voters: N/A
· Female Population: 2,142,662 (2012)
· Is Republic of Congo a signatory to CEDAW: Yes (29 July 1980)
· Has Republic of Congo ratified CEDAW: Yes (26 July 1982)
· Gender Quota: No
· Female candidates in this election: Yes
· Number of Female Parliamentarians: 10 (National Assembly) (following 2012 elections)
· Human Development Index Position: 136 (2014)
· Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: Medium (2014)
· Is Republic of Congo a signatory to CRPD: Yes (30 March 2007)
· Has Republic of Congo ratified CRPD: Yes (2 September 2014)
· Population with a disability: 642,928 (est.)