At stake in this Referendum:
- Constitutional Referendum regarding the Prince's powers
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: Prince HANS ADAM II *
- Head of Government: Head of Government Ottmar HASLER
- Assembly: Liechtenstein has a unicameral Parliament (Landtag) with 25 seats.
* On August 15, 2004, Prince HANS ADAM II transferred the official duties to the Hereditary Prince ALOIS, but Prince HANS ADAM II retains his title of Head of State.
Main provisions in the Referendum:
- Constitutional Referendum - Princely Initiative The referendum asked voters to approve an extension of the Prince's powers to dimiss the government, veto legislation and to nomimate judges.
- Constitutional Referendum - Constitution Peace Initiative The referendum asked voters whether to approve or disapprove modificiations on the constitution, which includes limiting the Prince's powers.
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 33,000 ( 2003 est.)
- Registered Voters: 16,932 ( 2003 )