Note on the results: The percentage of votes received for each candidate is the percentage of overall votes, and does not sum to 100. The remaining 2.33% of votes were invalid.
At stake in this election:
- The office of the President of Ukraine
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Petro POROSHENKO
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Volodymyr GROYSMAN
- Assembly: Ukraine has a unicameral Supreme Council (Verkhovna Rada) with 450 seats. Twenty-seven seats remain vacant as no elections have been held in the non-government controlled areas of the Donestk and Lahansk regions and Russia-occupied Autonomous Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol.
Description of electoral system:
- The President is elected by an absolute majority vote through a two-round system to serve a five-year term. If no candidate receives an absolute majority of votes in the first round, the top two candidates go to a second round.
Main candidates in this presidential race:*
- Petro POROSHENKO
- Party: Independent
- Volodymyr ZELENSKIY
- Party: Political party “Servant of the People” / Політична партія “Слуга народу”
* This is the second round of this presidential election. The first round results are available here.
Population and Voter Registration:
- Population: 29,622,527
- Registered Voters: 35,582,184 (January 31, 2019)
- Female Population: 22,658,600 (January 2018)
- Is Ukraine a signatory to CEDAW: Yes (17 July 1980)
- Has Ukraine ratified CEDAW: Yes (12 March 1981)
- Gender Quota: Yes, 30% of women on the lists in the parliamentary and local elections (quotas are non-binding – failure to comply does not result in any sanctions)
- Female candidates in this election: Yes (4 out of 44)
- Number of Female Parliamentarians: 47 (10.4%)
- Human Development Index Position: 88 (2018)
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: Low (2019)
- Is Ukraine a signatory to CRPD: Yes (24 September 2008)
- Has Ukraine ratified CRPD: Yes (4 February 2010)
- Population with a disability: 2,635,600 (January 2018)