At Stake in this Election:
- 3 seats on the Shire of Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Chief of State: Queen ELIZABETH II*
- Head of Government: Administrator Natasha GRIGGS (since 5 October 2018)
- Assembly: Cocos (Keeling) Islands has a unicameral Shire Council with 7 seats.
* The Queen is represented by Governor General of the Commonwealth of Australia, General David HURLEY, appointed on 1 July 2019
- The Queen is hereditary head of state.
- Administrator is appointed by the governor-general.
- In the Shire Council 7 members are elected by popular vote to serve 4-year terms. Councillors are elected by residents of their Ward. **
- The President is elected by the Council Shire members.
** Elections are held every 2 years, with half of the seats eligible for election.
Main Candidates in this Election:
Population and Registered Voters:
- Population: 544 (2016 est.)
- Registered Voters: N/A
- Female Population: 275 (2016 est.)
- Is Cocos (Keeling) Islands a signatory to CEDAW: N/A
- Has Cocos (Keeling) Islands ratified CEDAW: N/A
- Gender Quota: No
- Female Candidates in this election:
- Number of Female Legislators:
- Human Development Index (HDI) Position: N/A
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
- Is Cocos (Keeling) Islands a signatory to CRPD: N/A
- Has Cocos (Keeling) Islands ratified CRPD: N/A
- Population with a disability: N/A