Note: The registered voters figure is from 2017, and will be updated as soon as possible.
At stake in this Election:
- The 14 seats in the Congress.
- Chief of State: President Peter M. CHRISTIAN
- Head of Government: President Peter M. CHRISTIAN
- Assembly: Micronesia has a unicameral congress with 14 seats
- The President is elected by parliament to serve a 4-year term.
- In the Congress, 4 members (Senators) are elected by proportional representation to serve 4-year terms, and 10 members are elected by plurality vote in single-member constituencies to serve 2-year terms. One proportional representation seat is elected from each of Micronesia’s four states: Yap, Chuuk, Pohnpei, and Kosrae.
Main Parties in this Election:
- Seats won in last election: 14
* Micronesia does not have political parties; all candidates run as independents. There are 32 candidates running in this election.
Population and Registered Voters:
- Population: 106983 (2019 est.)
- Registered Voters: 65,943 (2017)
- Female Population: 52,116 (2019 est.)
- Is Micronesia a signatory to CEDAW: No
- Has Micronesia ratified CEDAW: Yes, accession (1 September 2004)
- Gender Quota: No
- Female candidates in this election:
- Number of Female Parliamentarians: 0
- Human Development Index Position: 131 (2018)
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
- Is Micronesia a signatory to CRPD: Yes (23 September 2011)
- Has Micronesia ratified CRPD: No
- Population with a disability: 15,782 (est.)