Note on the results: The seat count will be added when available.
At stake in this election:
- 101 seats in the unicameral National Assembly
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Armen SARKISSIAN
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Nikol PASHINIAN*
- Assembly: Armenia has a unicameral National Assembly (Azgayin Zhoghov) with 101 seats.
* PM Nikol PASHINIAN announced his resignation in October in order to hold this snap election.
Description of electoral system:
- National Assembly members are elected by proportional representation with a "stable parliamentary majority" stipulation to five year terms. The 101 seats are awarded proportionally to political parties from a national list and 13 district lists. Voters may vote for one district candidate in addition to their votes for the national list. Each candidate is listed on both the national list and their district list.
- If no party or alliance achieves a "stable parliamentary majority" of 54 percent within 28 days of the first round, a second round is held. Coalition talks are held after the first round if the 54 percent is not reached and coalitions of up to two parties may be formed.
- Political parties must meet a 5% threshold and alliances a 7% threshold to win seats.
- Up to four additional seats are reserved for the largest minority groups: Yezidis, Russians, Assyrians, and Kurds.
Main parties in this election:
- Party: Prosperous Armenia / Bargavatch Hayastan kusaktsut’yun (BHK)
- Leader: Gagik TSARUKIAN
- Party: Bright Armenia / Hanrapetutyun
- Leader: Edmon MARUKIAN
- Alliance: My Step / Im Kaylə dashink’*
- Leader: Nikol PASHINIAN
- Party: Republican Party of Armenia / Hayastani Hanrapetakan Kusaktsutyun (HHK)
- Leader: Vigen SARGSIAN
- Party: Armenian Revolutionary Federation / Hay Heghapokhakan Dashnaktsutyun
- Leaders: Armen RUSDAMIAN and Hrant MARKARIAN
- Alliance: We / Menk**
- Leaders: Armen SARGSYAN and Khachatur KOKOBELYAN and
- Party: National Progress Party
- Leader: Lusine HAROYAN
- Party: Citizen’s Decision Social Democratic Party / K՛aghak՛atsu voroshum
- Leader: Suren SAHAKYAN
- Party: Orinats Yerkir
- Leader: Artur BAGHDASARYAN
- Party: Sasna Tsrer / Sasna tsřer
- Leader: Varuzhan AVETISIAN
- Party: Christian-Democratic Rebirth Party / Հայաստանի քրիստոնեա-ժողովրդական Վերածնունդ կուսակցություն
- Leader: Levon SHIRINYAN
* My Step is made up of Civil Contract (Kaghakatsiakan Paymanagir) and Mission Party (Առաքելություն).
** We is made up of Republic (Lusavor Hayastan) and Free Democrats (Azat demokratner).
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 2,934,152 (2018 est.)
- Registered Voters: 2,588,590 (2017)
- Female Population: 1,553,857 (2018 est.)
- Is Armenia a signatory to CEDAW: No
- Has Armenia ratified CEDAW: Yes, accession (13 September 1993)
- Gender Quota: Yes (25% of candidates must be women, and no more than 70% of candidates on district lists may be the same gender)
- Female candidates in this election: Yes
- Number of Female Parliamentarians: 20
- Human Development Index Position: 83 (2018)
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: High (2014)
- Is Armenia a signatory to CRPD: Yes (30 March 2007)
- Has Armenia ratified CRPD: Yes (22 September 2010)
- Population with a disability: 458,457 (2018 est.)