*This is a runoff election as none of the candidates in the first round secured a 50 percent share of the vote.
At stake in this election:
- The office of President of Seychelles
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: James MICHEL
- Head of Government: James MICHEL
- Assembly: The Seychelles has a unicameral National Assembly (Assemblée Nationale) with 34 seats.
Description of electoral system:
- The President is elected by absolute majority, in two rounds if needed, to serve a 5-year term.
- In the National Assembly (Assemblée Nationale), 25 members are elected by simple majority vote and nine members are elected by proportional representation to serve 5-year terms.
Main Candidates in the Presidential race:
- Candidate: James MICHEL
- Party: People’s Party (Parti Lepep)
- Candidate: Wavel RAMKALAWAN
- Party: Seychelles National Party (SNP)
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 92,430 (2015 est.)
- Registered voters: 70,943 (2015) 
- Female Population: 46,215 (2015 est.)
- Is Seychelles a signatory to CEDAW: No
- Has Seychelles ratified CEDAW: Yes (5 May 1992) 
- Gender Quota: No
- Female Candidates in this election: Yes
- Number of Female Legislators: 14 (41%) of 34 seats in the National Assembly
- Human Development Index (HDI) Position: 71 
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
- Is Seychelles a signatory to CRPD: Yes (30 March 2007)
- Has Seychelles ratified CRPD: Yes (2 October 2009)
- Population with a disability: 13,865 (2015 est.)