Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Emanuel MORI
- Head of Government: Head of Government Emanuel MORI
- Assembly: Micronesia has a unicameral Congress with 14 seats.
Description of electoral system:
- The President is elected by parliament to serve a 4-year term.
- In the Congress, 4 members (‘Senators’) are elected by proportional representation to serve 4-year terms, and 10 members are elected by plurality vote in single-member constituencies to serve 2-year terms.*
* The four proportional representation seats are elected “at-large” and from four states (Yap, Chuuk, Pohnpei, and Kosrae).
On March 3, 2015 The Federation of Micronesian States will hold elections for 14 seats of the 19th FSM Congress. The new government will also elect the President and Vice President.
Main parties in the electoral race:*
*While there are no political parties in Micronesia, a total of 34 petitions were filed for candidates in this election.  Initially, this election was going to include a referendum on whether the Chuuk State should secede from the FSM, but it was later postponed by State Governor Johnson Elimo.
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 104,460 (2015)
- Registered Voters: 92,000 (March 2011 est.)
· Female Population: 50,950 (2015)
· Is Micronesia a signatory to CEDAW: No
· Has Micronesia ratified CEDAW: Yes, accession (1 September 2004)
· Gender Quota: No
· Female candidates in this election: N/A
· Number of Female Parliamentarians: 0
· Human Development Index Position: 123 (2014)
· Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
· Is Micronesia a signatory to CRPD: Yes (23 September 2011)
· Has Micronesia ratified CRPD: No
· Population with a disability: 15,669 (est.)