Falkland Islands: Falkland Legislative Assembly, November 9, 2017
At stake in this election:
- 8 seats in the Legislative Assembly
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: Queen ELIZABETH II (since 6 February 1952); represented by Governor Nigel PHILLIPS (since 12 September 2017)
- Head of Government: Chief Executive Barry ROWLAND (since 3 October 2016)
- Assembly: Unicameral Legislative Assembly with 10 seats
Description of electoral system:
- 8 members of the Legislative Assembly are directly elected by a majority vote. 2 members are appointed. All members serve 4-year terms.
- The last election for the Legislative Assembly occurred on November 7, 2013.
Main candidates in the election:
- Leader: N/A
- Seats won in last election: 10
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 3,198
- Registered Voters: 2,165 (2013)