Falkland Islands: Legislative Assembly, 9 November 2017
Election Results Note:
- Votes cast is an estimate based on an 86% turnout in Camp (242 registered voters) and an 80% turnout in Stanley (1180 registered voters).
At stake in this election:
- 8 seats in the Legislative Assembly
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: Queen ELIZABETH II (since 6 February 1952); represented by Governor Nigel PHILLIPS (since 12 September 2017)
- Head of Government: Chief Executive Barry ROWLAND (since 3 October 2016)
- Assembly: Unicameral Legislative Assembly with 10 seats
Description of electoral system:
- 8 members of the Legislative Assembly are directly elected by a majority vote. 2 members are appointed. All members serve 4-year terms. There are no political parties in the Falkland Islands.
- The last election for the Legislative Assembly occurred on November 7, 2013.
Main candidates in the election:
- Leader: N/A
- Seats won in last election: 10
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 3,198
- Registered Voters: 2,165 (2013)