At stake in this election:
- The office of President of the Central African Republic.
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: Interim President Catherine SAMBA-PANZA (since 23 January 2014)*
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Mahamat KAMOUN (since 10 August 2014)
- Assembly: Central African Republic has a unicameral National Assembly (Assemblée Nationale) with 105 seats.
*Interim President SAMBA-PANZA replaced Interim President Michel DJOTODIA following his resignation, which was prompted by his failure to prevent intensifying sectarian violence between Muslims and Christians. Prime Minister KAMOUN is the leader of the transitional government. For a more complete overview of the political situation in the Central African Republic, please see this timeline.
Description of electoral system:
- The President is elected by absolute majority vote through a two-round system to serve a 5-year term.
- Prime Minister is appointed by the president.
- In the National Assembly (Assemblée Nationale) 105 members are elected by absolute majority vote in single-member constituencies to serve 5-year terms.**
**If no candidate receives an absolute majority in the first round, a second round is held between the top two candidates.
Main Candidates in the Presidential race:
- There are 30 accepted candidates for this race. For a complete list, follow this link: http://anecentrafrique.com/elections-2015-rca/presidentielle-2015-candidats/
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 5,391,539 (2015 est.)
- Registered voters: 1,825,735 (2011) 
- Female Population: 2,695,770 (2015 est.)
- Is the Central African Republic a signatory to CEDAW: N/A
- Has the Central African Republic ratified CEDAW: Yes (21 June 1991)
- Gender Quota: No
- Female Candidates in this election: Yes
- Number of Female Legislators: 13 (12.38%) of 105
- Human Development Index (HDI) Position: 185
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: High
- Is the Central African Republic a signatory to CRPD: Yes (9 May 2007)
- Has the Central African Republic ratified CRPD: No
- Population with a disability: 808,731 (2015 est.)