At stake in this election:
- The office of President of Lithuania
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Dalia GRYBAUSKAITE
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Algirdas BUTKEVICIUS
- Assembly: Lithuania has a unicameral Parliament (Seimas) with 141 seats.
Description of electoral system:
- The President is elected by absolute majority vote to serve a 5-year term. The president is limited to two 5-year terms in office.
Candidates in this presidential race:
- Dalia GRYBUSKAITĖ
- Zigmantas BALČYTIS
- Artūras PAULAUSKAS
- Bronis ROPĖ
- Valdemar TOMAŠEVSKI
- Artūras ZUOKAS
- Naglis PUTEIKIS
The last presidential election was held on May 17, 2009. Dalia GRYBUSKAITĖ was elected with 68.21 percent of the vote. Results can be found here. If no candidate receives an absolute majority of votes in the first round of the election, a second round of elections will be held on May 25, alongside elections for the European Parliament.
Population and Voter Registration:
- Population: 2,932,367 (2014)
- Registered Voters: 2,559,398 (2014)
· Female Population: 1,582,061 (2014)
· Is Lithuania a signatory to CEDAW: N/A
· Has Lithuania ratified CEDAW: Yes, accession (18 January 1994)
· Gender Quota: No
· Female candidates in this election: Yes
· Number of Female Parliamentarians: 34 (following the 2012 elections)
· Human Development Index Position: 37 (2014)
· Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: Low (2014)
· Is Lithuania a signatory to CRPD: Yes (30 March 2007)
· Has Lithuania ratified CRPD: Yes (18 August 2010)
· Population with a disability: 448,165 (est.)
 All candidates for president are independent. While some candidates belong to a political party, the office of the president is non-partisan.