At stake in this Referendum:
- Voters vote on repealing changes made to the law on the sale of public property.
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: Co-Chiefs of State Captain Regents Givoanni Francesco UGOLINI and Andrea ZAFFERANI *
- Head of Government: Co-Heads of Government Captain Regents Givoanni Francesco UGOLINI and Andrea ZAFFERANI
- Assembly: San Marino has a unicameral Grand and General Council (Consiglio Grande e Generale) with 60 seats. ***
* The Co-Chiefs of State (captains regent) are elected by the Great and General Council for a six-month term.
*** There is a 3.5 percent threshold. If the coalition with the highest number of votes fails to win 35 seats, it is given "bonus seats" to meet the 35-seat requirement.
Main provisions in the Referendum:
- Do you want to repeal Law No. 82 (May 5, 2010) changing Law no. 6 (January 21, 2004) on the Inalienability of Land in Public Ownership and Regulation of Exchanges?
Volete Voi che venga abrogata la legge 5 Maggio 2010 n° 82 – 'Modifica della legge 21 Gennaio 2004 n° 6 – Inalienabilità dei terreni di proprietà pubblica e disciplina delle permute'?
- 32 percent of registered voters must participate.
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 30,938 (July 2010 est.)
- Registered Voters: 32,972 (March 2010)
· Is San Marino a signatory to CEDAW: Yes (26 September 2003)
· Has San Marino ratified CEDAW: Yes (10 December 2003)
· Gender Quota: No
· Female candidates in this election: N/A
· Number of Female Parliamentarians: 7 (following the 2006 elections)
· Human Development Index Position: N/A
· Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
· Is San Marino a signatory to CRPD: Yes (30 March 2007)
· Has San Marino ratified CRPD: Yes (22 February 2008)
· Population with a disability: 4,640 (est.)