At stake in this election:
- 10 seats in the Congress
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Emanuel MORI
- Head of Government: President Emanuel MORI
- Assembly: Micronesia has a unicameral Congress with 14 seats.
Description of electoral system:
- The President is indirectly elected by the congress to serve a 4-year term.
- In the Congress, 4 members are elected by popular vote to serve 4-year terms and 10 members are elected by plurality vote in single-member constituencies to serve 2-year terms.
Main parties in the electoral race:
- Independent(s): Non-partisans*
- Leader: N/A
- Seats won in this election: 10
* Micronesia has no established political parties.
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 103,961 (2009)
- Registered Voters: 92,573 (March 2007)
· Female Population: 50,931 (2009)
· Is Micronesia a signatory to CEDAW: No
· Has Micronesia ratified CEDAW: Yes, accession (1 September 2004)
· Gender Quota: No
· Female candidates in this election: N/A
· Number of Female Parliamentarians: 0
· Human Development Index Position: 123 (2014)
· Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
· Is Micronesia a signatory to CRPD: Yes (23 September 2011)
· Has Micronesia ratified CRPD: No
· Population with a disability: 15,594 (est.)