At stake in this election:
- 15 seats in the the Legislative Assembly
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: Queen ELIZABETH II *
- Head of Government: Chief Secretary W. McKeeva BUSH **
- Assembly: Cayman Islands has a unicameral the Legislative Assembly with 18 seats.
* Represented by Governor Bruce DINWIDDY
** The leader of the majority party or coalition is appointed by the governor Leader of Government Business
Description of electoral system:
- The Queen is hereditary N/A.
- In the the Legislative Assembly, 3 members are appointed to serve 4-year terms and 15 members are elected by popular vote to serve 4-year terms.
Main parties in the electoral race:
- Party: United Democratic Party / (UPD)
- Leader: McKeeva BUSH
- Seats won in this election: 5
- Seats won in last election: 7
- Party: People's Progressive Movement (PPM)
- Leader: Kurt TIBBETTS
- Seats won in this election: 9
- Seats won in last election: 5
- Party: People's Democratic Alliance (PDA)
- Leader: Linford PIERSON
- Seats won in this election: 0
- Seats won in last election: 1
- Party: Independent
- Leader: N/A
- Seats won in this election: 1
- Seats won in last election: 2
Last Parliamentary election:
- The last parliamentary election was held on November 8, 2000.
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 43,103 (July 2004 est.)
- Registered Voters: 13,118 (May 2005 )