At stake in this election:
- 10 seats in the Congress
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Joseph J. URUSEMAL
- Head of Government: Head of Government Joseph J. URUSEMAL
- Assembly: Micronesia has a unicameral Congress with 14 seats.
Description of electoral system:
- The President is indirectly elected by the congress to serve a 4-year term.
- In the Congress, 4 members are elected by popular vote to serve 4-year terms and 10 members are elected by popular vote via proportional representation to serve 2-year terms.
Main parties in the of the electoral race:
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 106,198 (2005)
- Registered Voters: 80,000 (March 2005 Approx.)
· Female Population: 52,230 (2005)
· Is Micronesia a signatory to CEDAW: No
· Has Micronesia ratified CEDAW: Yes, accession (1 September 2004)
· Gender Quota: No
· Female candidates in this election: N/A
· Number of Female Parliamentarians: 0
· Human Development Index Position: 123 (2014)
· Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
· Is Micronesia a signatory to CRPD: Yes (23 September 2011)
· Has Micronesia ratified CRPD: No
· Population with a disability: 15,929 (est.)