At stake in this Referendum:
- This referendum asked voters to approve the introduction of a multiparty system in Uganda.
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Lt. Gen. Yoweri Kaguta MUSEVENI
- Head of Government: President Lt. Gen. Yoweri Kaguta MUSEVENI
- Assembly: Uganda has a unicameral National Assembly with 303 seats.
Main provisions in the Referendum:
- Approval of the introduction of a multiparty system. This referendum asked voters: "Do you agree to open up the political space to allow those who wish to join different organizations/parties to do so to compete for political power?"
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 27,269,482 (July 2005 est.)
- Registered Voters: 8,524,230 (July 2005 )