At stake in this Referendum:
- Approval of the new European Union Constitution.
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: Grand Duke HENRI
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Jean-Claude JUNCKER
- Assembly: Luxembourg has a unicameral Chamber of Deputies (Chambre des Deputes) with 60 seats.
Main provisions in the Referendum:
- Referendum to approve the new European Union Constitution. This referendum asked the voters in three languages:"Are you in favor of the treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe, signed in Rome on 29th October 2004?"
Population and Registered Voters:
- Population: 465,158 (2005)
- Registered voters: 220,717 (2005)
· Female Population: 235,619 (2005)
· Is Luxembourg a signatory to CEDAW: Yes (17 July 1980)
· Has Luxembourg ratified CEDAW: Yes (2 February 1989)
· Gender Quota: No
· Female candidates in this election: N/A
· Number of Female Parliamentarians: 12 (following the 2004 elections)
· Human Development Index Position: 19 (2014)
· Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
· Is Luxembourg a signatory to CRPD: Yes (30 March 2007)
· Has Luxembourg ratified CRPD: Yes (26 September 2011)
· Population with a disability: 69,773 (est.)