At stake in this election:
- 109 seats in the National Assembly (Assemblee Nationale)
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Ange PATASSE
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Michel GBEZERA-BRIA
- Assembly: Central African Republic has a unicameral National Assembly (Assemblee Nationale) with 109 seats.
Description of electoral system:
- The President is elected by popular vote to serve a 6-year term.
- In the National Assembly (Assemblee Nationale) 109 members are elected by simple majority vote to serve 5-year terms.
Main parties in the Second Round of the electoral race:
- Party: Movement for the Liberation of the Central African People (MLPC)
Leader: Ange-Félix PATASS