At stake in this election:
- 50 seats in the National Parliament
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: Queen ELIZABETH II *
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Manasseh SOGAVARE
- Assembly: Solomon Islands has a unicameral National Parliament with 50 seats.
* The Queen is represented by Governor General Nathaniel WAENA.
Description of electoral system:
- The Queen is hereditary.
- The Prime Minister is elected by parliament to serve a 4-year term.
- In the National Parliament 50 members are elected by plurality vote in single-member constituencies to serve 4-year terms.
Main parties in the electoral race:
- Party: People's Alliance Party
- Seats won in this election: 20
- Party: Association of Independent Members
- Seats won in this election: 13
- Alliance: Solomon Islands Alliance for Change
- Seats won in this election: 12
- Party: People's Progressive Party
- Seats won in this election: 3
- Party: Solomon Islands Labour Party
- Seats won in this election: 1
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 423,535 (2001)
- Registered Voters: N/A (Voter registry not published)
· Female Population: 206,183 (2001)
· Is Solomon Islands a signatory to CEDAW: No
· Has Solomon Islands ratified CEDAW: Yes, accession (6 May 2002)
· Gender Quota: Yes
· Number of Female Parliamentarians: 0
· Human Development Index Position: 156 (2014)
· Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
· Is Solomon Islands a signatory to CRPD: Yes (23 September 2008)
· Has Solomon Islands ratified CRPD: No
· Population with a disability: 63,530 (est.)
 There are 61 women serving in the State Duma (13.56%) and 29 serving in the Council of the Federation (17.06%).