Looking at Cote d’Ivoire’s Upcoming Elections
Dec. 12, 2011, 3:35 p.m.
On Sunday, December 11, Ivorians will be voting in the first legislative elections held in more than a decade. These elections are a crucial step in the country's path towards peace and stability, given the political volatility experienced after last year's presidential elections.
These Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) shed light on various aspects of the elections, including:
Elections in Cote d’Ivoire: December 11 Legislative Elections
- Why are these called "post-crisis elections" (élections sortie de crise)?
- Is it realistic to think that elections alone will restore national unity and promote reconciliation?
- How will the recent arrest of former President Gbagbo affect these elections?
- Which institution has the legal mandate to conduct elections?
- Who will observe the elections?
is available here
Pour la version française de ce document, veuillez cliquer içi.